Practice Manager - Frisco
Sona Dermatology and MedSpa is looking for a Practice Manager to support our newest dermatology practice coming to Frisco!
The Practice Manager serves to support day-to-day operations through leading the office staff and supervising various office processes. Duties of this position consist of overseeing team members while also leading various department functions including patient flow, cash management, front desk operations, care coordination and authorization management, patient registration, check in/out procedures, and revenue cycle functions.
- Manage, lead and develop office staff
- Develop staffing plans to maximize use of resources per budget
- Interview and take part in the selection process of new team members in cooperation with Regional Director
- Onboard, train, and assist new team members
- Coach and counsel team members on performance daily and through performance reviews
- Develop team goals in collaboration with the Clinical Supervisor and create action plans to motivate the team to achieve those goals
- Lead by example through demonstrating an excellent patient service experience and an “all hands-on deck” work mentality
- Manage and track PTO, absenteeism, and documents as required while partnering with Human Resources as appropriate
- Work closely with other Practice Managers and the Regional Director on process improvement initiatives
- Attend and contribute to monthly managers meeting
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Meet performance metrics and standards for the clinic including productivity and quality standards
- Audit for coding and compliance with policies and standard work for the department to ensure metrics are met and processes are appropriately followed
- Monitor denial reports to improve front-end processes and to offset future denials
- Report out on any variances and develop corrective action plans, when appropriate
- Monitor transactions in various software platforms to ensure sales credits are appropriately assigned for provider compensation reporting
- Ensure front desk staff follow procedures for accounting and day-end reconciliation/cash management
- Track in-bound and out-bound referrals, with solid documentation including relationship development and outside referring providers
- Track monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPI) reporting on any variances (+/-)
- Manage assets and inventory of medical, cosmetic, retail, and office supplies
- Exercise strong analytical skills to review General Ledgers, P&L, and COGS. In addition, track and communicate results to the Regional Director.
- Manage and collaborate with appropriate leaders on all aspects of medical office compliance; including but not limited to Department of Labor, OSHA, HIPAA, Sunshine Act, STARK, CLIA, MSDS, SOP’s, etc. while coordinating with the internal Compliance and Legal Departments to ensure adherence with policies and procedures
- Possess a familiarity of PHI regulations, records retention both digitally and on paper with a clear understanding of HIPAA, PHI and PII management
- Report any security concerns immediately to the Regional Director
- Ensure appropriate licensing of the clinic, such as DEA’s, CLIA certificates etc. are up-to-date and posted when appropriate
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly reports related to office operations to Accounting and Regional Director as required
- Provide ongoing feedback regarding effectiveness of advertising and promotional efforts
- Complete payroll reporting and banking responsibilities
- Manage staffing schedules in collaboration with Clinical Nurse Supervisor
Preferred Education & Experience:
- MGMA, HFMA or AAPC memberships and affiliations
- LEAN, Six-Sigma experience
- Dermatology, Cosmetic or Plastic Surgery experience
- Vendor relationship, as well sales experience with inventory management skills
- Athena, EMA, Mindbody experience strongly preferred
- Balancing Stakeholders – Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Manages Conflict – Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Optimizes Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Resourcefulness – Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
This position requires work in a fast-paced office environment. This position routinely uses standard office equipment. Exposure to chemicals, disinfectants and latex.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position. Typical Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. with one evening each week and every other Saturday. This position may occasionally require long hours, evenings, and weekend work.
- Competitive salary
- Potential for career advancement within the company
- Full-time employees are offered a full benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(K) program, paid time off, and paid holidays
- All employees receive free or reduced cost treatments and discounts on products
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Sona Dermatology and Medspa is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.